Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last Post


The Internet connection is slow and I’ve tried to make efficient use of my time online. I’m almost out of minutes, so I’ll save a few to check flights tomorrow morning.

Today we lost an hour, as we moved back into the Pacific time zone, so we were a little late starting our day. After breakfast, we walked around the ship and saw the breathtaking view of hundreds of dolphins diving in the wake of the ship. It was a stunning sight, my biggest thrill of the week.

We’re about 15 miles off the coast of British Columbia now, moving slowly through heavy fog that suddenly enveloped us after a morning and early afternoon of sunshine. We will be in Victoria by 9 PM, but cannot disembark because of some kind of “thruster bearing” problem that I had read about before we left – a comment from a disgruntled Norwegian Pearl customer who felt cheated by missing a port. I on the other hand, am somewhat “ported” out and don’t mind staying onboard.

A day in Seattle tomorrow, and then back home in the early evening. It’s been a great week!

No comments: