Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Drinking and Gambling


We attended a welcome party for repeat cruisers on NCL so we skipped lunch, correctly anticipating refreshments at the “Meet the Crew” party at 1:15 on Monday. We dipped into the free beer and wine and a few mediocre but welcome appetizers. I won a set of 24 Bingo cards, thereby enticing us back to the Spinnaker bar later on in the afternoon. By the time we got back, the bar was packed with drinkers and folks frantically opening pulltabs. Felling lucky and stupid, I bought $20 of pulltabs and raffle tickets myself.


We did not win at Bingo, and, in fact, it took two of us to play six cards at a crack. We did not win the raffle for an upgrade to the penthouse. We took away $9.00 from the pulltabs, spent in the slot machines this morning. That’s it for gambling, but I think we may still imbibe a little. I had wine at dinner both evenings, and it tasted pretty good.

No comments: